Heritage Association of Brown County

Veterans Memorials

.

Home

About Us

Coming Events

Museums

Genealogy

Research

Historical Sites

Historical Monuments

Cemeteries

Military History

Visitor's Information


 
.
NAME LOCATION DESCRIPTION
36th Division 
Memorial Park
Bordered by FM 3064
Crockett St., Memorial 
Park Drive.
City park with artillery pieces,
armored personnel carries and
tank from WWI to Vietnam, as well
as one of the original buildings from
Camp Bowie
WWI Veterans 
Memorial
Family Services Center
Building (formerly the
Brownwood High School).
Austin Ave.
A granite marker with inscription 
dedicated to Brown County citizens
who died in WWI.  Erected by the
Brownwood Senior Class of 1921.
WWII Veterans 
Memorial
Coggin Park on Austin Ave. A granite marker with inscription
dedicated to the citizens of Brown
County who died in service during
WWII.  Erected by local citizens.
Capt. Henry S. Brown
Marker
Roadside park, intersection
of Highway 377N and the
Pecan Bayou, north of 
downtown Brownwood.
A granite and metal marker named
for Capt. Henry S. Brown, Confed-
erate Army and Commander of a
Company in the Battle of Velasco,
Civil War.  Furnished by local
citizens.
Greenleaf Fisk Marker Brown County Courthouse
200 South Broadway
Historical Marker that was original-
ly in the roadside park stop Bangs
Hill.  Mr. Fisk was a soldier in the
Texas Army during the War for 
Independence in 1836 and fought in
the Battle of San Jacinto. Furnished
by the State of Texas.
Camp Collier 
Monument
Brown County Courthouse
200 South Broadway.
Dedicated to Camp Collier for its
role in the Texas Civil War during
1861-1865.  It was one of a chain of
18 frontier forts for the purpose of
frontier defense and was located 18
miles north west of Brownwood.
Furnished by local citizens.
Veterans Marker Greenleaf Cemetery,
located between Round 
Mountain and HWY 377S.
Granite Marker at the base of the
flagpole and was furnished by the
Isham-Smith Brothers American
Legion Post 196.
Veterans of Brown 
County Living and
Deceased Marker
Bangs Cemetery, 
located in Bangs, TX
Granite marker dedicated to the
living and deceased veterans of
Brown County. Furnished by
American Legion Post 308.
36th Division Marker Lake Brownwood State
Recreational Area, formally
called 36th Division State
Park
Dedicated to the former members of
the Texas 36th Division, United
States Army, 22 miles NW of
Brownwood and furnished by the
State of Texas.
Camp Bowie Memorial Camp Bowie Industrial
Center
Marker with inscription dedicated to
Camp Bowie and the Army
personnel who served there. 2 miles
South of Brownwood.  Furnished
by local Citizens and the State of
Texas.
36th Division 
Monument
Brownwood Coliseum,
C.C. Woodson and Baker
Large pink granite marker dedicated
to the Division and it chronicles
Exploits in WWII.
Vietnam Memorial Brown County Courthouse
200 S. Broadway,
Brownwood
Grey marble upright memorial
dedicated to those who died in
service in the Vietnam War. Original
monument furnished by the Mexican
American Community (United
Citizens) of Brownwood.  The 
current monument is a replacement 
furnished by VFW Post 3278 and
American Legion Post 196.
Douglas MacArthur
Statue
Douglas MacArthur 
Academyof Freedom at 
the corner of Coggin and 
AustinStreets in 
Brownwood.
Life-sized bronze statue of General
Douglas MacArthur which is
dedicated for his service to our
Nation and the Undergraduate 
Academy which bears his name.
The academy is part of Howard
Payne University.  His statue was
provided by the Academy and local
citizens.
Veterans Memorial
Marker
Front gate of Eastlawn
Memorial Park Cemetery,
5 miles north of Brownwood
on HWY 377.
Marker dedicated to all veterans.
Furnished by Eastlawn Cemetery.
Confederate Veterans
Marker
Greenleaf Cemetery, 
located between Round
Mountain and HWY 377S.
Marker and flag pole dedicated to
over 440 Confederate veterans of 
Brown County who served in the 
Civil War and are buried in Brown 
County. Marker furnished by Sons
of Confederate Veterans Camp
#843, "General Henry E. McCulloch
Camp."
German Prisoners of
War Historical Marker
36th Division Memorial
Park
Historical Marker telling the story of
German prisoners of war held at
Camp Bowie during WWII.
Marker furnished by the Brown
County Historical Commission
Proposed Monument
Central Texas 
Veterans Memorial
36th Division Memorial
Park
30 feet in diameter by 11 feet tall
monument made of black and gray
granite dedicated to the lives lost
from eight county area from the
eras of WWI to Operations Iraqi and
Enduring Freedom as well as the
women who served during those
eras.